For Red Birthmarks & Vascular Lesions
The V-Beam pulsed dye laser is yet another revolutionary treatment tool in the hands of the skilled physicians at Midwest Dermatology Clinic. Safe and effective, even for infants and children, it is used to remove red birthmarks and vascular lesions such as:
How It Works
- Port wine stain birthmarks.
- Strawberry hemangiomas.
- Broken blood vessels.
- Spider veins.
- Other conditions caused by visible blood vessels.
The Dye Laser emits an intense but gentle burst of light that passes through the outer cells of the skin. The light beam is absorbed by the blood vessels beneath the surface. This causes them to warm and coagulate and the body absorbs them during the natural healing process. This permanently removes the discoloration - without damage to the overlying skin.
Safe & Effective
The V-Beam is gentle enough to treat infants and young children, before they are old enough to face harsh social consequences. The outcomes for children with port wine stains is remarkable, bringing relief to parents and changing the lives of these young patients.
The Dye Laser offers many benefits to patients of all ages:
- Safe and effective for people of all ages, including infants and children.
- Significantly reduces the risk of scarring.
- Performed in the office on an outpatient basis.
- Performed by physicians with more than 20 years of laser surgery experience.
- Recent developments allow the laser to penetrate deeper into the skin, allowing the physician to treat even the deepest of port wine stains.
Midwest Dermatology Clinic offers the Dynamic Cooling Device will V-Beam treatments. This latest development in comfort driven technology delivers a cooling spray to the skin before each pulse of laser light. By cooling the outer layers of skin, the technique protects the skin and significantly reduces discomfort.
V-Beam has improved the quality of life more many patients, young and older, who have had to live with the disfigurement of a port wine stain.
Find Out More
Schedule a consultation
to discover if the Dye Laser is right for you or click here
for more information.